Tuesday, December 3, 2013

God's Not Dead pt 3



One of the things we as believers run into is how to present a defense of our Faith from mainly a cultural/morality basis, rather than scripture. Part of the reason again is a trust issue, How sure are we that scripture is true and can speak to any and all aspects of life? But, the other part is we have a tendency of trying to make the truth of scripture more palatable for others. Why, I'm not entirely sure, But one thing I do know Is What God says about ad-libbing scripture: don''t do it.

What we as believers need is a fundamental change in perspective about scripture, It's an all or nothing approach. 

We must believe that ALL scripture is God breathed, and Usefull for teaching, training, rebuking, and correcting in righteousness.

We must believe Scripture is living, and Breathing, and sharper than any two edged sword, and able to seperate bone and muscle.

In other-words we must believe in it's inspiration, it's  Accuracy, and it's application to any topic which is written of within it.

And we must communicate those things clearly, fully, unapologetically, and un-ashamedly. yes, that will create a lot of conflict and controversy, But that's what Christ did, and If we truly desire to be like him we must do the same. Yes, we won't do it perfectly, that's a given,  But we must take advantage of every opportunity presented to us because our first chance may be someone elses first and last chance.

Think about it this way: If you have a spiritual conversation with someone you've never talked to or even seen or met before, if you never see or talk to them again, what the most loving, Christ-like thing you can do If you don't know for sure that they have a personal relationship with Christ? We don't know how much time anyone has before they're face to face with God. We must be radically forward in presenting the Gospel clearly and fully.

All we can do is present a full gospel, we have no controll over whether that person becomes a believer, That's God's department.

In the next post I'll address problems having to do with Gospel, I'm warning you all ahead of time there will be a lot about the church AS A WHOLE  which I fully expect to create conflict, but I aslo believe stringly are things which must be addressed and brought to light. So Again, to be clear what I'm going to say about the church is meant  Generally and should be treated more as observation NOT finger pointing.

 Please also feel free to leave comments or questions on posts. and If I feel it is appropriate I may reply or specifically address it in a post.


















No comments:

Post a Comment