Tuesday, March 18, 2014

God's Not Dead pt7

i'm overdue again, i'm so sorry. I have been busy and not done what I had intended with blogging in this. That said, I've got so much I want to write about, and I may not get to it all. So I apologize in advance.

I honestly find myself wondering at times how many people that claim to be "Christian" are really aware of Spiritual things I think they should be. Granted, this does not apply to everbody, but the church as a whole. It is also true I'm verry passionate about Spiritual topics, because I care deeply.

The body is not as a whole being adaquately taught and fed, and Is divided and dying out in many places. It's sick, and it seems like most don't even know it. I realize the inflamatory nature of that comment, and I'm aware there are many who do not and will not agree with me.

I've been a part of many small groups and the majority of my experience is that when I express something Spiritual that seems like a "no duh..." many time I get a "wow." Or a puzzled thoughtful look. I'll be honest That expression especially from a leader who I felt should have known or understood what I said bothers me.

It could be partly my hyperactive brain, which does process differently than most, but over the years I've come to see it's more than just that. The culture of the world has slowly taken over in the church.

How much time does the pastor/teacher actually spend in scripture through a sermon instead of stories and analogies?

When's the last time a teacher or pastor taught out of scripture on something hard or maybe even majorly controversial?

How different do our churches look from what we see in Acts 2, and other places?

When we see something going on in the church body that does not match scripture then something is wrong. especially if we do not address and thoughtfully carefully correct it. whatever it may be. The problem is we settle for "good enough." we have an excuse for everything. a lot of Spiritual responsibility Given by God to parents is not being done by the parents but by the church. we say "I'm not qualified," or something similar Pardon ME???

The very fact God calls us to do something means we are qualified, He gave us the responsibility, therefore, through His Spirit He enables us to do what He's called us to do. I'm not anti-pedigree, But I believe that we have a tendency to Get in each-others way. God's given all of us unique abilities and desires. The problem is boxes, hoops and speed bumps. There's a limited amount of ligitimacy to "Thouroughly equipped" Equipping is no good if you never leave the classroom. There's a balance between equipping and field work. Okay, enough for now . If you actually read this I'll give several topics I want to write about the one/2 that have the most comments I will tackle next.

1.The cultural church
2.A Biblical Model of Church
3.Children, teens and young adults- who's primarily responsible to teach and train them/ and where the church fits into that
4. No man's land- God's purpose/call to/for young single men/women within the church body
5. transitioning from Bible baby food to Biblical buffet
6.Learn to love the word- Being a berean (a disapearing trait)

No comments:

Post a Comment